More than 40,000 Iranian and foreign patients are going under cataract surgery in Iran each month. cataract surgery in Iran is on top of the middle-east regarding its skilled specialists and surgeons.
There is a significant difference between the cost of cataract surgery in Iran and other countries. The most important factors for the low price of it in Iran are:
· A large number of cataract surgery clinics in Iran.
· A large number of applicants for cataract surgery in Iran
Cataract surgery cost in Iran varies depending on the cataract surgery and the hospital. An average cost of cataract surgery in Iran is $1,000.
This surgery costs $6.800 in the U.S., $5.3800 in the U.K , $2.200 in Thailand and $2.000 in Turkey.
Many patients travel to Iran for cataract surgery. One of the reasons for this matter is Iranian specialists and ophthalmologists who have high surgery success rates.
· Low cost of cataract surgery in Iran
· Low cost of accommodation in Iran
· Well experienced doctors
· The high number of cataract surgery in Iran
Diagnostic and surgical centres accordant with today's European standards are performing the highest quality operations in Iran. Another reason for cataract surgery in Iran is its lower cost compared to other countries.
Cataract surgery is a blurred lens of the eye that results in visual impairment. The lens is made of water and proteins, and it is transparent so light can pass through it. Occasionally some of these proteins are altered, leading to the turbidity of parts of the lens. As a result, the light does not reach the retina well enough, and the vision is blurred or lost, and it is called the cataract. In the early stages, the use of strong light and glasses reduces the visual impairment caused by cataracts. Cataract surgery is used to remove the lens of the eye, which is ineffective due to cataracts, and the replacement of it with a synthetic lens.
First, wash your eyes and eyelids well and avoid using makeup. Before the surgery, the physician will measure the shape and size of your eye so that he or she can use the appropriate surgical lens.
First, the anaesthetic drops and pupillary dilatation drops are given so that you do not feel pain during cataract surgery. Then the lens is removed, and the artificial lens is inserted. Lasers are also often used for this persecute to cut the eye. Anaesthesia Medication used in this operation is for numbness and relaxation.
Between 30 and 45 minutes
· After the surgery, you should use eye drops that will help the recovery process, so remember the duration of taking these medications, and if you forget about them, consult with your doctor. Your doctor will tell you how and when to resume taking them
· Ensure that the tip of the dropper does not touch the surface of the cornea
· If you have to use different types of drops, leave at least 5 minutes gap between each drop
· After the cataract surgery, avoid using makeup and consult with an ophthalmologist before doing so
· Avoid rubbing your eyes after cataract surgery.
· After the ophthalmologist allows you to take a bath, do not allow water to enter the eye for a few weeks
· After cataract surgery, you can go back to your country
This surgery does not have any side effects or complications, only in some cases, patients eye may be infected.
The success rate in cataract surgery is more than 95%, and vision improves unless there is a problem in the cornea, eye’s nerve system or retina.
Patients with eye infections should be treated initially with antibiotics. Then they can go under surgery.
· Bleeding in the back of the eye when an anaesthetic substance is injected and if it’s severe, surgery should be postponement for a couple of weeks.
· Tearing a lens capsule (PCO)
· Intraocular haemorrhage, which may be very low, but should be considered because of the very old or hypertensive patients.
· Inflammation of the cornea
· Inflammation of the intraocular
· Intraocular infections may occur 2 to 20 days after surgery.
· Astigmatism, camera and near-nose are also complications of cataract and intraocular lens